Sunday, September 14, 2008

My Kindle



I've had my Kindle for less than a week, but already she and I are good friends. She's lightweight, easy to hold, easy to read, she holds lost of my books and she's an electronic gadget! I love electronic gadgets almost as much as I love to read.

The first book I read on my Kindle was "The Sugar Queen", by Sarah Addison Allen. I chose this book as I recently read "Garden Spells" by the same author. "Garden Spells" was a fun read with lots of quirky characters, once I started it I didn't want to put it down.

"The Sugar Queen" was just as good and the perfect way to break in my new Kindle. I was instantly involved in the story and forgot my method of reading - which is just what you want. There was no back lighting to bother my eyes, the pages were easy to turn - it was all about the story!

This isn't to say I've ignored the gadget part of my Kindle. I've used it to go online and check out my blog, get a phone number from yellow pages dot com and of course to shop the Kindle store at Amazon. Speaking of this, did you know you could send a sample of a book you are interested in right to your Kindle - free of charge! And it's there in less than a minute! How cool is that! Then after you've read the sample, if you want to read the rest of the book, you can use your Kindle to buy it - easy peasy!

Check out the cool "screen saver image" you get in sleep mode! There are a bunch of them that change when you put your Kindle down for a rest. You can also add your own images and I'll try that soon, right now I'm enjoying theirs. I'm still learning about all the features but so far I love it!

Another very important element to reading - a good dog by your side! This morning it was Brutus, who I'm sure is wondering if I really needed to wake him up to take yet another picture of him! Yes Brutus, I did!

For those of you dealing with the effects of Ike, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I just love that Brutus! What a handsome fella he is! I clicked on the photo, to make it larger, and ya know he is not looking too happy to be photographed. LOL
LOVE the new chairs!
Glad you're having fun with the Kindle. It certainly is right up your alley and looks like quite a cool gadget. Love the screensaver on it too.

Anonymous said...

Very nice new toy! You'll have to show it off when I come up. I may end up having to have one - although it can't beat an audio book for that long drive to work! :)