Sunday, September 28, 2008

Just a couple of things


I joined a handmade pincushion swap. Having one pincushion is just not enough. I think I need at least three: one by the sewing machine, one on the ironing board and another on the cutting table (the island in my kitchen). Oh wait! Make that four, I like to have one in my hand sewing basket. Making my own pincushion isn't something I would have tried had I not joined a swap and been 'forced' to make the time to put these together. As a first effort, I think they turned out nicely. I have mailed the two I needed for my swap and will give Studio Rose hers the next time I see her. My own, I've been using and I like it! It sits flat, holds still when I'm trying to push pins into quickly and it's cute - what more could I want from a pincushion?


One more apron, the last of my apron swaps for a while. This one is for a one-on-one trade with Karen who loves green and wanted as little white as possible. I think this will work!

It's cooling off here in Florida, relatively speaking. It's still in the 80's during the day, but the humidity is low and there is a breeze, it's actually nice to be outside. Brutus and I went for a long walk Friday. Brutus was so happy he pranced and smiled all the way! Have you ever seen a prancing, smiling pit bull? It's quite a sight!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

0 comments: